httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Junaid Arshad" <rjars...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem running https
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2007 00:32:23 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to configure apache to support https using SSL. I followed
the instructions provided at the
http://www.apacheworld.org/ty24/site.chapter17.html and everything
went well. Even the server started without any error but when I try to
navigate to my server using browser, it doesnot connect. For more
information, I tried to run openssl s-client -connect localhost:443
and the response to this is the following error:
CONNECTED(00000003)
11591:error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown
protocol:s23_clnt.c:475:

I am using apache2.0.59 and I do not root privileges outside the $APACHE_HOME

Any help would be much appreciated...:-)

cheers

junaid