httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent Bray" <nood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] min spare servers Directive
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 16:15:09 GMT
On 28/08/07, Gerhardus.Geldenhuis@gta-travel.com
<Gerhardus.Geldenhuis@gta-travel.com> wrote:
> What I am unclear about is that if the server limit is 575 and I have
> actually reached this limit will there be 8 additional children
> started(MinSpareServers) that is not serving requests but will be if any
> of the other children stops or reaches MaxRequestsPerChild?

That would seem pointless.. Why keep children around (consuming
memory) when old ones can be reused once a request is finished when
MaxClients is reached?

As I understand it, at MaxClients, new requests get queued by the OS,
up to the limit set by
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html#listenbacklog

I don't run any sites that get that especially busy. Hopefully
somebody will correct me if I'm spouting nonsense.

--
noodl