httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent Bray" <nood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] pcfg_openfile error ??
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:27:38 GMT
On 13/08/07, BipinDas-Ditro <bipindas.k@ditro.com> wrote:
> Dear List,
> I am trying to configure Zabbix on a Ubuntu machine with apache 2.2 is
> running. After the configuration I had try to run it. Infortunately
> firefox throws an error instead of expected screen "403 Forbidden
> error". I had checked the error_log of apache its says the following
>
> root@localhost# /home/zabbix/public_html/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable
> to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable

Zabbix? Never heard of it, good name though :-)

Your error is most likely caused by incorrect permissions on your home
directory. First, try:

$ chmod o+x ~

Then, assuming that works, read this
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/13PermissionDenied to understand why.

(note to self: there should be a separate page regarding this
pcfg_openfile message)

--
noodl