httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent Bray" <nood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache spawns hundreds of processes, logging problem?
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:02:08 GMT
On 10/08/07, meer <s.komendera@gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem:
[snip]
> This, and the (*1) fact make me think, that's a logging problem. Log
> partition is NOT full, but I noticed, that Apache logs stopped rotating.

What are you using for the log rotation? In case it's a disk error,
check your /var/log/messages for the time the problem's occuring?

Apache logs requests as the final stage of processing, and any
blockage here will lead to the process build up you're seeing.
Requests will still get services, but only until you either run out of
memory or hit MaxClient (which should happen first if the value is set
correctly).

--
noodl