httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Zip some script?
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 03:11:22 GMT

On 17 Aug 2007, at 01:32, Chris Arnold wrote:

> Yes, i ahve this in /etc/apache/sysconfig.d:
> LoadModule mod_deflate			  /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_deflate

That's a syntax error.  So I infer it's not in an Apache
configuration file.
Check http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/DistrosDefaultLayout for where to
find it, and look for existing LoadModule lines for the syntax.

> and mod_deflate is located in the aboce path. This is in /etc/
> apache2/default-server:
> <Location />

You should only use <Location /> if you have no local contents (for
example
if you are using apache *only* as a proxy).  Otherwise use <Directory>.

> AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/plain

AddOutputFilterByType is problematic.  It won't work in a proxy, and may
not work with dynamic contents.  Use FilterChain & friends, as described
in the mod_filter documentation.

--
Nick Kew