httpd-users mailing list archives

From Charles Michener <micheck...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Cannot rotate error logs in Apache 2.2.4!
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 16:51:26 GMT
What is the syntax of the access log rotation that works?

"\"Crash\" Dummy" <gmane@thedatalist.com> wrote: I have tried the rotatelogs directive,
I have tried the cronolog.exe utility, I
have tried the mod_log_rotate module, all with the same negative result. I can
rotate the access logs, but I cannot rotate the error logs. Is there a solution,
or am I doomed to ever growing error logs?

Syntax of failed attempts:

ErrorLog "|L:/apache/bin/rotatelogs -l logs/error 86400"

ErrorLog "|L:/apache/bin/cronolog L:/Apache/logs/error.%Y%m%d.log"

LoadModule log_rotate_module modules/mod_log_rotate.so
RotateLogs On
RotateLogsLocalTime On
RotateInterval 86400
ErrorLog logs/error_log.%Y%m%d
--
Crash
Running: Windows 2000 Pro - Apache 2.2.4 - PHP 5.2.1 - PERL 5.8.8

Reply to group only. E-mail is blocked.