httpd-users mailing list archives

From Galaxy Virus <galaxy_viru...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] want to start apache when server boot up HELP HELP
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2007 18:43:19 GMT
Thank you so much. But could you please answer me more precisely 'coz I am very newbie in apache
on FreeBSD.

-  I gave file name as apache22.sh ( Although my apache folder name is /usr/local/apache2
).

- And I put apache22_enable="YES"  in /etc/rc.conf

After rebooting, I didnt find httpd.

regards,
galaxy

"Brian A. Seklecki" <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org> wrote:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2007, Galaxy Virus wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  On FreeBSD release 6.1,

If you installed it from FreeBSD ports, set "apache22_enable=YES" in
/etc/rc.conf.

If you didn't install it from Ports -- grab the FreeBSD RC script from:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/www/apache22/files/apache22.sh.in?rev=1.3

And drop it in place in /usr/local/etc/rc.d

Cheers!

~BAS