httpd-users mailing list archives

From Malcolm Walker <malc...@mewalker.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.4 [an error occurred while processing this directive]
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 22:45:17 GMT
Vincent,

 >so presumably you're using a URL like http://localhost/mcjdreamweaver/
to access your site
Yes you are correct and I am very grateful for your reply but I find I
am out of my depth.  I had read (several times both before my post and
after your reply) the article on configuring Virtual Hosts and I remain
unaware of how to amend the file at conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf to suit
local access only.  As to the <Directory blocks I take your point but I
cannot determine which of the directives to use.

My sole aim was in using Apache for testing to add the display of
includes.  As I have been struggling with a problem that I never
expected for over a week it's time I gave it a rest.

My general comment on all the Apache help articles both on-line and in
the manual is that they clearly state what to do but not how to do it.
There is a presumption of knowledge that I do not have.  I bought my
first computer at the age of 62 on the basis I would catch up -
eventually.  Thirteen years later it seems I am even further behind than
I was then!

Many thanks for your effort to assist me.  I do appreciate it very much
indeed.

Malcolm