httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jens Danneschewski <netad...@matrixinternet.de>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite and dynamic content
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:54:11 GMT
hi there,

i have the following problem that i cannot really solve, although i am
familiar with mod_rewrite (and i have searched....belive me).

my company has a webserver with the name www.abcde.com
on this webserver there is apache2 and tomcat, and tomcat creates
dynamic content, starting with:

http://www.abcde.com/MAIN/pages/public/index.xhtml

so, initially i wrote a redirect, that would send any instance of
www.abcde.com to the above address.
this workes fine BUT my boss wants to have www.abcde.com as the URL
adress and leave the other stuff hidden.
so, like a hidden redirect...but i cannot get this to work. the url
changes regardless of rewrite rules i set.
can anyone out there please point me in the right direction?
do i have to use mod_proxy to load the content under the server name?

thx in advance!