httpd-users mailing list archives

From Phil <af.gour...@videotron.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] access denied
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:28:29 GMT
I am trying to set up sql-ledger 2.8.7. I have followed the instructions
as close as possible.
Running FreeBSD 6.2, apache22 v.2.2.4_2, postgresql 8.2.
Apache returns an "It works!" but access is denied to
.../sql-ledger/login.pl
I have tried both from localhost and LAN client without success. I have
tried changing the owner of the files as suggested on one instance on
the Web; I have disabled the ssl module in apache even though apache
should be running without ssl by default; i have tried about all I can
think of.
The error message for httpd : client denied by server configuration: /user .
This looks like an Apache problem; but there is no /user directory in
the apache files. The apache user:group is www:www . The only user
directory is in /usr/local/sql-ledger/users and the only files in there
are an .eps and a .png which are graphics files. Anyway, it seems to me
that sql-ledger users would be set up only after opening the login.pl file.
I have tried a plain text test file test-apache.html from the .../data
directory - it works. But it does not from the .../sql-ledger directory...

The directive in the httpd.conf is:

# SSQL-Ledger
Include /usr/local/etc/apache22/sql-ledger-httpd.conf

contents of sql-ledger-httpd.conf :

Alias /sql-ledger /user/local/sql-ledger/
<Directory /usr/local/sql-ledger>
   AllowOverride All
   AddHandler cgi-script .pl
   AddDefaultCharset On