httpd-users mailing list archives

From Samuel Vogel <samy-de...@gmx.de>
Subject [users@httpd] huge config file & e404 page on different server
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:31:18 GMT
I have to questions regarding Apache:

1. With my setup I will have config files that are as big as 10mb, since
I have complicated vhost config and 5000 vhosts. Will this slow Apache
down significantly or have any other negative impact?
The Problem is that the vhost config is to complicated for
mod_vhost_alias...

2. I have 4 Servers. 3 of them to hold user content and one as a master
server, which serves the startpage and login page etc. I would like to
place my Error 404 document on the Master Server. But when I set the
Error 404 to an http:// location pointing directly to my Error 404 page
on master server. But this makes the page have status 200 and not 404
anymore.
How can I solve this problem?

Regards,
Samy