httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tony Stevenson <t...@pc-tony.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3 and Apache 2 on one server
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 09:35:32 GMT
veejar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have many web-projects, many of witch work only with Apache 1.3. Now
> we have new projects and want to develelop them on Apache 2.
> I have installed Apache2 as main web-server (on port 80) and Apache
> 1.3 as secondary (on port 8000).
>
> I need some virtual hosts run on Apache 2, and some - on Apache 1.3.
> I use mod_proxy under Apache 2 to forward requests for some virtual
> hosts to Apache 1.3.
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>     ServerName      myproj.mydomain.com
>     ServerAlias       myproj
>
>     ProxyRequests Off
>     ProxyPreserveHost On
>     ProxyPass         /  http://127.0.0.1:8000/
>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> All is OK. But I have only such problem:
> When I see access_log of Apache 1.3 for my project, I see requests
> from 127.0.0.1. I don't see realy Client-IP. It's bad for my
> web-project promotion and visitors analysis.

This is the expected behaviour, this is because you are connecting to
your 1.3 server via from your Apache2 instance.  All the log entries
will be recorded in the AccessLog on your Apache2 server.

> Is it possible to make tunneling from Apache 2 to Apache 1.3 for some
> virtual hosts?

Tunneling? If you mean selective let some virtualhosts to your 1.3
server on port 80, and at the same time some on your Apache instance,
also on port 80. Then the answer is no.  Unless you add an additional IP
address to the server, then make 1.3 listen to one IP address, and
Apache2 on the other.

Tony