httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tony Stevenson <t...@pc-tony.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Riddle Me This
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 22:36:45 GMT
Richard Eng wrote:
> Could someone please explain this to me? I¹ve configured Apache2 to perform
> reverse proxying on my web application. I¹ve added the following to
> httpd.conf:

Just on the off chance this is not a spam/junk mail attempt I will try
and help you.

> LoadModule  proxy_module  /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_proxy.so
> LoadModule  proxy_http_module  /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_proxy_http.so
> LoadModule  rewrite_module  /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_rewrite.so
>
> NameVirtualHost *
> <VirtualHost *>
> RewriteEngine     on
> ProxyRequests     off
> DocumentRoot      /var/www
> ProxyPass  /goodsexnetwork  http://localhost:9090/seaside/goodsexnetwork
> ProxyPassReverse  /goodsexnetwork
> http://localhost:9090/seaside/goodsexnetwork
> ProxyPass  /goodsexspace  http://localhost:9090/seaside/goodsexspace
> ProxyPassReverse  /goodsexspace  http://localhost:9090/seaside/goodsexspace
> RewriteRule  ^/$  http://localhost:9090/seaside/goodsexnetwork/$1 [P,L]
> </VirtualHost>
>

> But if you visit:
> http://www.goodsexnetwork.com/
>
> ...you will find that the website is now couched within some kind of frame.
> Here¹s the ³View Source² result:
>
> <FRAMESET ROWS="*" TITLE="goodsexnetwork.com"><FRAME NAME="top"
> SRC="http://74.102.141.248/goodsexnetwork/"
> TITLE="goodsexnetwork.com"><NOFRAMES><P>Visit <A
> HREF="http://74.102.141.248/goodsexnetwork/">http://74.102.141.248/goodsexne
> twork/</A></NOFRAMES></FRAMESET>

[SNIP]
)

> This frame is causing me problems. Why has Apache done this (inserted a
> frame into the situation)? And is there a way to prevent the use of the
> frame?

 From what you have posted above Apache should will not be doing that to
you pages.  You have mod_proxy_html loaded. Are you using it elsewhere
on your server? As the config snippet above certainly isn't.

 > (Note that I¹ve forwarded www.goodsexnetwork.com to
 > 74.102.141.248/goodsexnetwork/.)

You also say you have forwarded the site to
74.102.141.248/goodsexnetwork. How have you done that?