httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Melvyn" <peter.mel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Missing 1st segment in PATH_INFO using mod_python
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 19:51:11 GMT
> On 8/21/07, Peter Melvyn <peter.melvyn@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Please, could anybody advice how to achieve the PATH_INFO will contain
> > full path if request is routed to mod_python
>
> Well, I'm not sure what the "correct" value for PATH_INFO is in this
> case

Yes, you are right - it would be probably said explicitelly for each
virtual locations.

> but why not just use REQUEST_URI instead?

Because we made a bad decission: if we learned Django framework, we
probably studied incorrect descendant of http.request, which assignes
PATH_INFO into request.path attribute. Reviewing Django sources again,
I found that correct mod_python's request assignes REQUEST_URI to
path.

OK, we will replace PATH_INFO by REQUEST_URI.

Thanks for your help,

Peter