httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Melvyn" <peter.mel...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Missing 1st segment in PATH_INFO using mod_python
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:15:01 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to move my Django application from development server to
Apache Server 2.2 with mod_python 3.3.1 on Windows and I encountered a
problem with value of PATH_INFO - if I navigate to
http://localhost/wss/user/home/, I get
PATH_INFO=/user/home/ instead of /wss/user/home/

I found-out a discussion concerning similiar problem in mod_python
community saying that value of PATH_INFO is supplied by Apache in
dependance on directory and/or file exist. I tried to use
AcceptPathInfo, but unsuccessfully.

###

I have two locations:

<Location "/">
    SetHandler python-program
    PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
    SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE bizweb.server_settings
    PythonDebug On
    PythonPath "[r'C:\\.WKS-PF\\PRJ\\ECLIPSE\\Django\\src'] + sys.path"
</Location>

<Location "/wssmedia">
    SetHandler default-handler
</Location>

The first is for content generated by Django frameword, the second one is for
statically served files like .css, images etc...

###

mod_python shows values as follow:

DocumentRoot:   'V:/WWW-ROOT/bizweb'
URI:            '/wss/user/home/'
Location:       '/'
Directory:      None
Filename:       'V:/WWW-ROOT/bizweb/wss'
PathInfo:       '/user/home/'

###

Please, could anybody advice how to achieve the PATH_INFO will contain
full path if request is routed to mod_python

Thank you in advance,

Peter