httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Munroe" <brian.e.mun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Testing Python Mod
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 16:32:20 GMT
On 8/31/07, Chris Howell <chowell@pyxisinnovation.com> wrote:

>  AddHandler python-program .py
>  PythonHandler mptest
>  PythonDebug On

Chris:

I would suggest you use the Publisher mod_python handler, at least to
get started.

Here is a simple hello, world in mod_python.  I assume you fixed your
other problem with mod_python from yesterday?  Let me guess, reinstall
everything? :)

In my httpd.conf file, in a global scope.

LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so
AddHandler mod_python .py
PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
PythonDebug On

Then inside of my DocumentRoot (default is htdocs), I have a file
called hello.py that looks like:

def world(req):
	return "hello, world"

Then finally, I access it via:

http://localhost/hello.py/world

which renders "hello, world" in plain text to the browser.

-- brian

PS.  Don't cross-post to lists, you are going to get flamed by the moderators!