httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dragon <dra...@crimson-dragon.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] REPOST: [users@httpd] Need Help [Again] w. PHP and Apache.
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 21:43:51 GMT
Steve R Burrus wrote:
>well actually the only "advice" which I got/received yesterday was
>from someone asking me what OS I was trying to do the PHP-Apache
>Server integration on and what was the purpose of the integration.
>And that was the * only * response which I have received so far,
>thus my Repost earlier today (which I will apologize for if you
>might want me to).

I think you are missing the point. People will be MUCH more inclined
to help you if YOU do some work up front. It helps if you do some due
diligence by searching for the answers you need as well as reading
whatever documentation is applicable. As the saying goes RTFM. If
after doing so, you still have a problem, then it is time to ask a question.

You should tell us exactly what you are trying to do, what OS, what
versions of software, is it from source or a binary package, and you
should tell us precisely what you have done to attempt to resolve the
problem. Posting a relevant portion of your httpd.conf is often very
helpful and may get you a precise answer very quickly.

This is NOT a help line where you can demand that people give you an
answer, nobody here is being paid to support you. This list is a
community of users who may or may not know the answer you seek. Even
if somebody does know the answer, if you don't ask the question in a
meaningful, understandable manner or if the person is not immediately
available to respond, you may not get an answer.

Reposting the next day with the exact same question is not going to
change anything, well, maybe it will, it will change (usually
negatively) the attitude of people who might be inclined to help otherwise.

Dragon