httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Brian A. Seklecki" <laval...@spiritual-machines.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] want to start apache when server boot up HELP HELP
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2007 18:52:14 GMT

Right the RC script framework expects $LOCALBASE = /usr/local.  I haven't
looked but you'll need to set:

  command="%%PREFIX%%/sbin/httpd"

Actually ports regex replacecs %%PREFIX%% to $LOCALBASE.  If you do the
same, in theory you'll be okay. ~BAS

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007, Galaxy Virus wrote:

> Thank you so much. But could you please answer me more precisely 'coz I am very newbie
in apache on FreeBSD.

> -  I gave file name as apache22.sh ( Although my apache folder name is /usr/local/apache2
).

> - And I put apache22_enable="YES"  in /etc/rc.conf
>
> After rebooting, I didnt find httpd.
>
> regards,
> galaxy
>

> "Brian A. Seklecki" <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Aug 2007, Galaxy Virus wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>>  On FreeBSD release 6.1,
>
> If you installed it from FreeBSD ports, set "apache22_enable=YES" in
> /etc/rc.conf.
>
> If you didn't install it from Ports -- grab the FreeBSD RC script from:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/www/apache22/files/apache22.sh.in?rev=1.3
>
> And drop it in place in /usr/local/etc/rc.d
>
> Cheers!
>
> ~BAS
>

>>      I configured apache 2.2.4 with all modules and installed.
>>
>>     I would like to start apache when PC boots up.   How can I do it ?
>>
>> rgds,
>> galaxy

>> Shape Yahoo! in your own image.  Join our Network Research Panel today!

> Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally,  mobile search that gives answers, not web links.

l8*
 	-lava (Brian A. Seklecki - Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
 	       http://www.spiritual-machines.org/

     "Guilty? Yeah. But he knows it. I mean, you're guilty.
     You just don't know it. So who's really in jail?"
     ~Maynard James Keenan