httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] HTTP headers anomaly
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 09:31:09 GMT
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:16:09 +0100
"Hugh Acland" <hugh.of.acland@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, silly me. However am I correct in saying that all mobile
> devices DO send the screen size in the http headers - even if not all
> mobile devices conform to the cc/pp protocol?

Couldn't speak for all mobile devices.

I know some do, as it enables a proxy to optimise contents for
them, and in particular reduce byte-counts for slow/expensive
situations.  I wrote such a proxy back in 2004.

> I am trying to ascertain if there is a rigid standard which all mobile
> manufactures adhere to in order to give us humble developers a
> sporting chance of creating content which will be viewable on all
> devices....

That's easy.  Just use HTML without subverting it by stupid tricks,
and it'll adapt nicely by design.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/