httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Gorr <mail...@ericgorr.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache under MacOSX 10.4.10
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:01:46 GMT

On Aug 30, 2007, at 12:53 PM, Dragon wrote:

> Eric Gorr wrote:

>>> Then go ahead and pull out your network sniffer, since this obsolete
>>> version doesn't have that feature.
>>
>> What is the easiest way to switch to Apache 2.2.4 under MacOSX
>> 10.4.10?
> ---------------- End original message. ---------------------
>
> I can't speak from experience with your exact configuration but I
> would simply suggest trying to compile from source.
>
> It's relatively painless for most Unix-style systems. It can't hurt
> to try.
>
> If you do make the attempt, you might want to configure it to
> install in a different location than where the existing version
> lives so you can easily roll it back if needed.

Yes, I am sure I can build and install it from source without any
trouble.

What I am uncertain of however is how to get the machine to launch
the Apache2 webserver as opposed to the the default one installed on
the system.

I am also assuming that if I install Apache2, I would no longer be
able to use the Sharing panel to turn the server on/off and would
need to do so from the command line.

I can't imagine this is terribly difficult...I just don't know the
answer.