httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Phil Endecott" <spam_from_apache_user...@chezphil.org>
Subject [users@httpd] authn_dbd: what format for encrypted password?
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2007 14:33:39 GMT
Dear Experts,

I'm setting up mod_authn_dbd for the first time (having previously used
the 3rd-party mod_auth_pgsql with apache2.0) and I'm unsure how the
passwords should be encoded in the database.  The docs at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authn_dbd.html just say:

   "The query must take a single string (typically SQL varchar) argument (username),
    and return a single value (encrypted password)."

Do I have a choice of encryption formats?  How do I tell it which
format I have used?  (Is there some more documentation somewhere that I
have missed?)

Many thanks for any advice you can offer.

Regards,

Phil.