httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. R." <jrobertlewis5...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject [users@httpd] help from httpd.apache.org
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 21:41:58 GMT
I am running Apache 2.2.4 on 32 x86.System is XP SP2 (DynDNS) and set server
location. Set DocumentRoot, Set
<Directory>, AllowOverride ALL,  set htpasswd -c, in Notepad=AuthType Basic
AuthName "This is a private area, please log in"

AuthUserFile "c:\etc.\my_password_file.txt"
AuthGroupFile /dev/null

<Limit GET POST PUT>
require valid-user
</Limit> , saved ".htaccess" in DocumentRoot. SUCCESS!!. Three resulting
Problems.
1. Login is not secure
2. User Login window in deopdown includes my hotmail address.
3. Once logged in, desktop.ini is included in Directory.
Question: How do I resolve these three issues? Thank you for any support.
John R. Lewis