httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Murch" <jmu...@cox.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_headers mapping problem
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 19:24:39 GMT
Thanks Joshua.  I found that it is nod_proxy_html v2 that is causing the
character set problem. Version 2 only outputs UTF-8. This was corrected in 3
to allow you to specify a character set. So, I have downloaded the source
for 3 and compiled it but am not getting the error:

httpd: Syntax error on line 11 of /opt/apache/conf/httpd.conf: API module
structure `proxy_html_module' in file /opt/apache/modules/mod_proxy_html.so
is garbled - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO?

The fun never ends.............

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: jslive@gmail.com [mailto:jslive@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Joshua Slive
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 12:04 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] mod_headers mapping problem

On 8/10/07, Jeff Murch <jmurch@cox.net> wrote:
> Would you please show me an example of how I would unconditionally rewrite
> the character-type header from utf-8?
>
> I am trying, and I know the syntax is more like pseudocode:
>
> RewriteEngine On
> rewriterule ^C"Content-Type: text/html;charset=utf-8" "Content-Type:
> text/html;charset=iso-8859-1"

Woh!

Have you looked at the mod_rewrite docs? Yes, they are intimidating,
but they are better than blind guessing ;-)

An example would be:
RewriteRule .* - [T="text/html;charset=iso-8859-1"]

But I have my doubts that would actually work. I don't know what
mod_rewrite will do with the charset, and I don't know what would
happen in a proxy context.

I'll repeat that I think the simplest way to do this is a quick and
dirty apache module.

Joshua.

2:44 PM