httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Harvey Saayman" <HarveySaay...@nerdshack.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] im stuck, plz help...
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2007 12:30:35 GMT
hey

well like i said im realy flying blind here... i literaly just changed those
directives in my httpd.conf file and nothing else...

the article i read said 192.168.1.1 is a "safe" ip reserved for testing and
will not be relayed over the internet...

im thinking my internet connection might be the problem...

im on a dail-up connection <sigh> which i get through an internet gateway on
my home network and it seems like my internet ip is not static (it changes
every time i dail). as for the DNS i have no idea even how to set a DNS
server up ...YET...

weve been having problems with our internet gateway which was running on win
XP pro so were in the process of changing the OS to mandreva linux 2007.
when thats done ill probably start using my apache on there...

in the meanwhile i can already connect to the net through my new linux
gateway so ill continue to use apache on my win XP mashine. what do u think
a can do about my problem?

thanx a million for the help

                 HaRvEy SaaymaN
     HarveySaayman@nerdshack.com

       <<---< Chaos reigns within >--->>
<<---< Reflect, repent, and reboot >--->>
         <<---< Order shall return >--->>