httpd-users mailing list archives

From XC <lihao0...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache2 rewrite URLs with Query string
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 02:07:06 GMT
Hi, there:

I am setting a rewrite rule which I hope can transfer request-URLs like:

    http://mysite.com/?hello

into

    http://mysite.com/lib/doc/hello.html

Now I am using the following RewriteCond and RewriteRule:

    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING}    !^$
    RewriteRule ^/$    /lib/doc/%{QUERY_STRING}.html?  [R,L]

It worked but the result is an external redirection, the URL displayed
in my browser becomes the redirected url(i.e.
http://mysite.com/lib/doc/hello.html).. I am hoping to do an internal
redirection which I hope the url in my browser keeps the original one,
like:http://mysite.com/?hello

I changed the third line into the following:

    RewriteRule ^/$   /lib/doc/%{QUERY_STRING}.html?  [L]

But it is not working? Can someone give me some suggestions on how to fix
this problem? I am using: Apache/2.0.55, Ubuntu 6.06.

Thank you very much.

Lihao