httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Julius Thyssen" <jul...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: mod_deflate optimization
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2007 20:24:30 GMT
Actually, when I try to use itlike this:

<Location />

SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html
BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4\.0[678] no-gzip
BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI\.(?:gif|jpe?g|png|wav|mp3|ogg|bmp|avi|mpg)$
no-gzip dont-vary
Header append Vary User-Agent env=!dont-vary
DeflateCompressionLevel 5
DeflateMemLevel 9
DeflateWindowSize 14

</Location>

I get:

"DeflateCompressionLevel not allowed here"

and httpd won't start.

Anyone care to explain what kind of permissions are involved here?
Should I point <Location /> to only the webdir I want to use deflate
for, and if so, how do I make it allowed there?

Thanks