httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Why Can't I Get Apache to Post?
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:52:19 GMT
On 7/26/07, kvnsmnsn@cs.byu.edu <kvnsmnsn@cs.byu.edu> wrote:

> What happens on the machine where this code is working is that
> <$_SERVER[ "REQUEST_METHOD" ]> evaluates to "POST" so the first branch
> of the outer <if> statement gets executed, and the user is logged in.
> But on my machine <$_SERVER[ "REQUEST_METHOD" ]> evaluates to "GET",
> and one of <lfu> or <lfp> are undefined, so none of this code gets ex-
> ecuted at all.

Without reading your message in too much detail... The most common
problem that causes a POST request to be transformed to a GET is that
the request hits a redirect on the server. Clients will usually
transform POST to GET after a redirect. So check your config for
anything that could be causing the POST to be redirected, and try
tracing a request to see if a redirect comes through.

Joshua.