httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem getting script to work
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 18:35:31 GMT
On 7/19/07, Robert A. Rawlinson <rarawlinson@cinci.rr.com> wrote:
> Thanks Joshua. There was no DocumentRoot, AddHandler set up in the
> httpd.conf. So I added them and restarted Apache2. Now I am getting the
> problem I started with. I get a message box which says: you have chosen
> to open, then no file name and then,  which is a perl script and asks
> what to do with it. The only option is edit with an editor.
> Do you have any idea what or where to find the cause of this problem.

I have my doubts that you are editing the right part of the right
config file, since I have never seen an apache config file without a
DocumentRoot directive. Are you using a SuSE version of apache or one
downloaded from httpd.apache.org? If you put an obvious syntax error
in there, do you get an error in the error_log when you restart
apache?

If you go ahead and open the file in an editor, do you get the source
code of the perl script or its output?

What exactly do you get in the apache access log for this request?

Joshua.