httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RewriteMap issue - Escaping a space
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:41:18 GMT
On 7/18/07, Andrew Dixon <andrew@andrewdixon.co.uk> wrote:

> Here is what I got from the RewriteLog set on level 9 (highest). I assume
> the line we are looking for is:
>
> map lookup FAILED: map=citybreaksMap[txt] key=sub_page.cfm/title/Paris
> Outbound/section/General/editID/337
>
> There is it with the space. Now, like you say you can't use the space as it
> is the field delimiter, any suggestions?

Interesting. It would perhaps be helpful to show the actual
RewriteRules so that we could see where that key is coming from. I
have a couple suggestions:

1. Use a different key where the space is properly encoded. For
example, THE_REQUEST is a variable that often contains a more "raw"
version of the requested path (probably including %20 in place of the
space here).

2. Have mod_rewrite replace the space with something else before
looking in the map.

Joshua.