httpd-users mailing list archives

From Squirrel <squir...@mail.isot.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache22 + PHP5 not execute
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 16:49:13 GMT
Upgraded FreeBSD v6.1-RELEASE to v6.2-STABLE, with Apache-2.2.4_2 and PHP5-5.2.3_1 ports.
But cannot get the php to execute.  I've searched google and followed every instructions,
but after days, I'm asking for your help.

I've installed apache first from /usr/ports/www/apache22; make install clean.  Made sure it
works.  Then installed from /usr/ports/lang/php5; make clean; make config; make install.
I've checked for creation of  /usr/local/libexec/apache22/libphp5.so and added below to httpd.conf
:

 LoadModule php5_module        libexec/apache22/libphp5.so
 DirectoryIndex index.php index.cgi index.html index.htm
 AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
 AddType text/html .php
 AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html

Apache restarts with no error.  But will not execute the PHP, just message to download "You
have chosen to open which is a: application/x-httpd-php from ...".

I have deinstalled and reinstalled several times both apache and php, followed various instructions
on google, but it just don't want to work.  I'm trying to see if this can be fixed before
I wipe the darn thing and reinstall FreeBSD.