httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel JavaDev" <dan.java...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite, mod_proxy and content-length
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:59:33 GMT
Unfortunately it's not my client, but Nokia's EAIF MMSC (emulator in this
case).

Like I said, I've coded my application to the protocol (EAIF) and it works.
I only need to add apache httpd in between in order to restrict access to
the application (by IP address range).

The response headers without using apache httpd:

HTTP/1.1 202 Accepted
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 08:39:07 GMT

And the headers using apache httpd and mod_proxy:

HTTP/1.1 202 Accepted
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 08:43:37 GMT
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

As you can see, httpd is replacing Transfer-Encoding with C-L, which is
breaking things.
I've used 'SetEnv proxy-sendchunked 1' in my httpd config, but it did not
make a difference.

Another kind of response (204 No Content) used for synchronous ACKs has the
same issue.

I'm tempted to hack the mod_proxy code but only has a last resort. Surely
there must be some way to configure httpd to stick with the original
headers.

Cheers

Dan