httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mauricio Cavalcanti" <mauriciopcavalca...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache using AD autentication
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:51:27 GMT
Hi,
I´ve downloaded apr and apr-util-1.2.8 from the same site (apr.apache.org)
and...

APR:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local
make
make install

I had to install APR to install APR-UTIL...

APR_UTIL:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apr-util --with-apr=/usr/local/apr
--with-ldap
make
make install

I used --with-ldap and not --enable-ldap as you wrote... using
--enable-ldap, I could not install Apache ("make[3]: **
[mod_authnz_ldap.lo]")

No errors with ./configure, make or make install in apr, apr-util or apache.

Please, can you explain the text above?

"According to the above you're using the bundled apr and an external
apr-util.  That just seems like it'll all end in tears."

Thanks in advance,
Mauricio.

On Jun 29, 2007, at 11:33 AM, Mauricio Cavalcanti wrote:

>installed apr and apr-util (tgz)

Was apr-util compiled with LDAP support?  That's not on by default.
APR-util has to be compiled with --enable-ldap and if you use the
bundled apr-util, it'll be passed that flag from httpd ./configure.

>httpd-2.2.4:
>./configure \
>	--prefix=/usr/local/httpd-2.2.4 \
>	--enable-so \
>	--enable-cgi \
>	--enable-info \
>	--enable-rewrite \
>	--enable-speling \
>	--enable-usertrack \
>	--enable-deflate \
>	--enable-ssl \
>	--enable-mime-magic \
>	--enable-authnz-ldap \
>	--enable-ldap \
>	--with-apr-util=/usr/local/apr-util
<..>
>I tryied to find where can i get or how can i create the modules
>mod_auth_ldap.so and util_ldap.so, but i didn?t find any info about.

Looking through your ./configure output for httpd, what does it say
when it tries to enable the LDAP stuff?

According to the above you're using the bundled apr and an external
apr-util.  That just seems like it'll all end in tears.

S.

--
Sander Temme
sctemme@apache.org