httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Aaron Smith" <Aaron.Sm...@kzoo.edu>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Secure LDAP Auth to Active Directory
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:59:34 GMT
Hmmm.  Ok.  So perhaps something along the line isn't being built but
it's not stopping the entire process.  I'll try it again and take a
closer look at the output.

Aaron Smith                Aaron.Smith@kzoo.edu
System Administrator   (269) 337-7496
Kalamazoo College

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Covener [mailto:covener@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 5:22 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Secure LDAP Auth to Active Directory

On 7/12/07, Aaron Smith <Aaron.Smith@kzoo.edu> wrote:
> Well, I tried added that but it didn't seem to help.  It's acting like
> it can't find the shared libraries for OpenLDAP.  I have the directory
> in SHLIB_PATH and I a -L/usr/local/OpenLDAP.2.3/lib in the line before
> the error, so I'm not sure how else to direct it to the appropriate
> libraries.

AFAICT Your error message isn't actually failing to find real LDAP
symbols, it's failing to find the apache-provided LDAP utility
functions provided by mod_ldap (as opposed to mod_auth_ldap)

Perhaps you've somehow managed to build a static mod_auth_ldap and DSO
mod_auth_ldap or something along those lines?  (I'm only familiar with
LDAP on 2.2.x)

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com