httpd-users mailing list archives

From boxy...@netscape.net
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.3: "You don't have permission to access the requested directory" for public_html directories w/o index.html
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 20:25:55 GMT
I am upgrading Apache from 1.2.6 to 2.2.3.  Everything appears to be
working except for users' public_html directories without an index.html
file.  Instead of displaying the files in the directory, the browser
displays the following error:

You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There is
either no index document or the directory is read-protected.
Error 403.

These are the latest configuration statements that I've tried:
<Directory /*/public_html>
    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
    Options MultiViews Indexes FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI +IncludesNoExec
</Directory>

Thanks, in advance, for any help and guidance that you may offer.

Charles