httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent Bray" <nood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite, mod_proxy and content-length
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:25:10 GMT
On 25/07/07, Daniel JavaDev <dan.javadev@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately it's not my client, but Nokia's EAIF MMSC (emulator in this
> case).
>
> Like I said, I've coded my application to the protocol (EAIF) and it works.
> I only need to add apache httpd in between in order to restrict access to
> the application (by IP address range).
>
> The response headers without using apache httpd:
>  HTTP/1.1 202 Accepted
> Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
> Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 08:39:07 GMT
>

> And the headers using apache httpd and mod_proxy:
>  HTTP/1.1 202 Accepted
> Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 08:43:37 GMT
> Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
>
> As you can see, httpd is replacing Transfer-Encoding with C-L, which is
> breaking things.
> I've used 'SetEnv proxy-sendchunked 1' in my httpd config, but it did not
> make a difference.
>
> Another kind of response (204 No Content) used for synchronous ACKs has the
> same issue.
>
> I'm tempted to hack the mod_proxy code but only has a last resort. Surely
> there must be some way to configure httpd to stick with the original
> headers.

I'm not familliar with the semantics of 202 Accepted, sorry. Seems
very strange that you would need Transfer-Encoding: chunked for an
empty response though. I don't suppose ProxyBadHeader would help?
Also, you should really use ProxyPass rather than RewriteRule is your
setup is that simple, not that it'll 'fix' this issue.

--
noodl