httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent Bray" <nood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Configuring a module twice
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:48:00 GMT
On 11/07/07, apacheIndian <Chaitanya.Nuguri@ericssonservices.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a requirement to configure weblogic plugin for Apache, more than
> once.
> first, the plugin provided by the Weblogic 8.1 and again the plugin provided
> by Weblogic 9.1 in the same apache config.
> The requests coming in need to be handled by these different plugins based
> on the url, for example
>
> 1) "http://myserver.com/91example" should be handled by the WL9.1 module and
> sent to a cluster of Weblogic 9.1 servers
>
> 2) http://myserver.com/* (except /91example) should be handled by WL9.1
> module and sent to a cluster of Weblogic 8.1 servers.
>
> Is there a way we can achieve this ?
> I have tried using <Location> directive, but how do we specify that
> different paths are handled by different modules ?

Unless the module developers used a different set of symbol names in
both modules, you probably can't. That's just the nature of C
libraries.

If you really must use both modules, you could do so with an extra
apache process running behind a reverse proxy.

http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies

--
noodl