httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent Bray" <nood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] method to remove individual file from cache using mod_cache/mod_disk_cache Apache 2.2.4
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 13:37:32 GMT
On 09/07/07, Mark Stevens <mark.stevens99@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I have a basic reverse proxy setup using mod_cache, mod_disk_cache and
> mod_proxy, we are having issues with some of the PDF's getting
> corrupted in the cache, the problem is intermittent but is happening
> randomly, we are able to re-produce by requesting the same file but
> appending ?1, ?2 etc until eventually a HTTP 416 is returned resulting
> in an incomplete copy of the file getting stored in cache.
>
> After some investigation it would seem this problem is related to a
> known bug in mod_cache that has not been resolved.
>
> Is it possible to remove the corrupted cached entry without having to
> remove the entire cache directory and stop/start Apache?

I don't believe that's possible. There's "htcacheclean" in recent
versions which removes the need to restart the server, but it doesn't
allow for removing specific URLs. Could you perhaps try a later
version of apache such as the head of the 2.2 branch or maybe trunk,
just to see if the issue's been fixed?

--
noodl