httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent Bray" <nood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Redirect, Rewrite and php.ini
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 13:28:33 GMT
On 02/07/07, Senén de Diego <senen@electrodh.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to redirect requests from "/foo/bar.jnlp" to "/foo/bar.php".

Be careful using the word redirect as it has a very specific meaning.

> I've tried this .htaccess file:
>
> [
> Redirect permanent /foo/bar.jnlp http://www.domain.com/foo/bar.php
> ]

This is a redirect :-)

> I've also tried this one:
>
> [
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteBase /foo
> RewriteRule ^bar\.jnlp$ bar.php
> ]

This isn't. It's an internal rewrite which, if it works, the client
will be unaware of.

Your use of RewriteBase indicates that the htaccess file is in the
/foo directory, is that right? In order to better test whether you are
able to use mod_rewrite, please read (it's a draft so your comments
would be helpful):

http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Rewrite/Troubleshooting/HtaccessIgnored

> Both files work in our local server, but not in our hosting provider's one.
> I've asked them if they have mod_alias and rewrite enabled, and their last answer has
been:

> "As previously stated, the module AllowOverride is enabled at this time
> on our shared hosting plans and is accessible through php.ini.
> Mod_rewrite is also functioning correctly on your hosting plan. Our
> Advanced Hosting Support team has reviewed your issue and found no
> errors with the configuration of our hosting servers. We are unable to
> assist you with your custom scripting issues at this time..."
>
> As I don't know what has php.ini to do with this issue, I would like to
> know, from someone with more knowledge than I have, if this answer makes
> sense and if there is anything I could enable through php.ini to make this work.

No, it doesn't make much sense. AllowOverride is a directive, not a
module, and has absolutely nothing to do with php.ini.

--
noodl