httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent Bray" <nood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] setting ORACLE_HOME
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 05:19:35 GMT
On 02/07/07, James White <jbwhite2@ncsu.edu> wrote:
> I am trying to install Oracle XE to run PHP scripts. I have read that it
> is preferable to set ORACLE_HOME before starting Apache instead of using
> putenv() in the PHP script. I have tried the recommended script.
>
> ORACLE_HOME=/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server
> export ORACLE_HOME
> echo "Oracle Home: $ORACLE_HOME"
> echo Starting Apache
> /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start

You may find the PassEnv directive useful.

"Specifies one or more environment variables to pass to CGI scripts
and SSI pages from the environment of the shell which invoked the
httpd process."

Alternatively you could look at the envvars script which is invoked by
apachectl in modern versions of apache, however the path you mentioned
implies you're running 1.3 so don't have that.
--
noodl