httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Dixon" <and...@andrewdixon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RewriteMap issue - Escaping a space
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:38:30 GMT

> On 7/18/07, Andrew Dixon <andrew@andrewdixon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Here is what I got from the RewriteLog set on level 9 (highest). I
> assume
> > the line we are looking for is:
> >
> > map lookup FAILED: map=citybreaksMap[txt] key=sub_page.cfm/title/Paris
> > Outbound/section/General/editID/337
> >
> > There is it with the space. Now, like you say you can't use the space as
> it
> > is the field delimiter, any suggestions?
>
> Interesting. It would perhaps be helpful to show the actual
> RewriteRules so that we could see where that key is coming from. I
> have a couple suggestions:
>
> 1. Use a different key where the space is properly encoded. For
> example, THE_REQUEST is a variable that often contains a more "raw"
> version of the requested path (probably including %20 in place of the
> space here).
>
> 2. Have mod_rewrite replace the space with something else before
> looking in the map.
>
> Joshua.

Hi Joshua.

I tried using the THE_REQUEST, but that get a space in it as well as it
gives:

GET /sub_page.cfm/title/Paris Outbound/section/General/editID/337

And there is space between the GET and the URI. I also tried several of the
other variables, REQUEST_URI and REQUEST_FILENAME, but they either contain
the space or not the whole string. The rewrite rules are:

RewriteMap theMap txt:/tmp/theMap.txt
RewriteCond ${theMap:$1┬ŽNotFound} !NotFound
RewriteRule ^/(.*) ${theMap:$1} [R=301,L]

Any other ideas?
--
Kind regards,

Andrew