httpd-users mailing list archives

From Martijn <sweetwaterg...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Maintaing the URL when Rewriting
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:15:57 GMT
On 7/12/07, Naveen Sharma <mailatnaveen@gmail.com> wrote:
> This URL is not hitting the action to which the forward is done.
> Its the initaial URL which gets hit from the Appserver.
> The issue here is that the action is not being called with the Rewrite
> Module.
> Aas a result of which I am getting 404 error message.
> The rewrite is not happening at the Apache end.
> Navin

If I were you, I would create a simple html file test.html and
(temporarily) change the RewriteRule to

  RewriteRule ^(.*)-hotels$ test.html

This way you can see whether the problem is in the action script/page,
or in mod_rewrite. If the problem is in mod_rewrite (i.e. if you don't
see test.html), it's best to turn the RewriteLog on. This might give
you an idea about what's going wrong.

Martijn.