httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mike @ Levrah" <sid_apa...@levrah.net>
Subject [users@httpd] RewriteRule/Cond Assistance
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 23:57:47 GMT
Hey guys.

It looks like I'm not the only one having rewriterule/cond fun lately. LOL

I'm having a tough time figuring this out, and it's probably
something simple that I'm making harder than it is.

Rather than post examples of what I've tried - since none of them
work - and it'll show my major ignorance hehe...

...lemme give an example of what I'm trying to accomplish and maybe
someone can point me in the right direction.

With the exception of 2 directories, I need each site request that
goes to a directory (except for 2 specific directories) to rewrite to
go to the index with the originally-requested directory being an arg
of the index.

For example:

http://www.blah.com would be unaffected and would behave normally -
would bring up the index

http://www.blah.com/directory1 would bring up
http://www.blah.com/index.html?directory1 or http://www.blah.com/?directory1
http://www.blah.com/directory2 would bring up
http://www.blah.com/index.html?directory2 or http://www.blah.com/?directory2
http://www.blah.com/directory3 would bring up
http://www.blah.com/index.html?directory3 or http://www.blah.com/?directory3
http://www.blah.com/directory4 would bring up
http://www.blah.com/index.html?directory4 or http://www.blah.com/?directory4
http://www.blah.com/directory5 would bring up
http://www.blah.com/index.html?directory5 or http://www.blah.com/?directory5

The 2 directories that I don't want this to happen to (because it
could cause looping) is where I pull assets and supporting files from
which are called from within the index file

For ease of referece, let's call those 2 directories:

http://www.blah.com/assets
http://www.blah.com/support

I wouldn't want those 2 directories to be affected by the rewriterule/cond

Can someone point me in the right direction on this one please? I'm
having a devil of a time trying to figure it out on my own. :(

Thanks!
-mike