httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dmitri Colebatch" <...@colebatch.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How in the name of LINUX do u set apache2.2 to run as user www-data
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:14:50 GMT
Hi Demetri,

Change the User parameter in httpd.conf.  Here's what I have in mine:

# If you wish httpd to run as a different user or group, you must run
# httpd as root initially and it will switch.
#
# User/Group: The name (or #number) of the user/group to run httpd as.
#  . On SCO (ODT 3) use "User nouser" and "Group nogroup".
#  . On HPUX you may not be able to use shared memory as nobody, and the
#    suggested workaround is to create a user www and use that user.
#  NOTE that some kernels refuse to setgid(Group) or semctl(IPC_SET)
#  when the value of (unsigned)Group is above 60000;
#  don't use Group #-1 on these systems!
#
User apache
Group apache

Hope that helps.