httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bello Martinez Sergio <ser...@televes.es>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Want to avoid 304 error
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:11:26 GMT
Thanks again, Joshua.
You are right, it's my application that set 'must-revalidate' header.
But it's not the problem, I've deleted it and all works exactly the same.
I suspect the 304 return code is the reason because Firefox set
'1970-01-01 01:00:00 (already expired)" expiry date, and not that header.
I've found a "half-solution". If I use a 'Header append Cache-Control
"max-age=something"' , Apache inserts this header in response, even if
return code is 304 (until now I've used only 'ExpiresByType' to set
cache-related headers).
In this case, if Internet Explorer 6.0 receives max-age header, it
updates correctly cache-entry expiry time, but Firefox still updates it
to '1970-01-01 01:00:00 '. I'll search a litte more....
Thanks,

Sergio