httpd-users mailing list archives

From John Steel <john.st...@phonewebcam.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RE : [users@httpd] Find why httpd eats all swap
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:30:22 GMT
Laurent FAILLIE wrote:
> Do avoid resources problem, I reduced both MaxClients
> and MaxRequestsPerChild in order to force more
> frequent child recycling (0 means unlimited).

I did this and it still happened, but it ddn't seem as bad.
What I really want to know is which vhost is causing it. The only thing
I know for sure is it isn't java because it still did it when java was
disabled.

How about another approach. Sometimes the leaks happen so quick I can
see the "free -m" swap value go down each time I hit it at the command line.
When thats happening I'm sure one of the vhosts is under load, but its
not possible for me to find which one without rewriting the access log
defs for 120+ vhosts. Nor disturbing them
actually as the owners use them for charging 3rd parties.
Is there a way I can intercept/monitor the apache traffic at a high
level, just to show me whats being asked for? Something like tail -f
access.log but for everything going through httpd?
Can I start httpd differently to achieve this?

Thanks
> My production system is an old sparc station w/ 128 or
> 256 Mb of RAM depending on my cluster status.
>
> Bye
>
> Laurent
>

> The misspelling master is on the Web.
>    _________	100 % Dictionnary Free !
>  /  Dico  / /	Pleins d'autres fautes sur
> (#######( /	http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org
> Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.

-- John