httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Dalton <aa...@daltons.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] DBD and MySQL: No DBD Authn configured!
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 17:00:30 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 10:23:44 -0600
> Aaron Dalton <aaron@daltons.ca> wrote:
>
>> .  The problem is that everytime I try to
>> authenticate I get a 500 error and the following log entry: "No DBD
>> Authn configured!"
>
> That's not the message you get if the driver isn't configured (unless
> there are other messages you've omitted).
>

>> DBDriver        mysql
>> DBDParams       "host=sqlserver dbname=** user=** pass=**"
>
> [chop]
>
>> <VirtualHost>
>>    <Directory>
>>          AuthType        Basic
>>          AuthBasicProvider dbd
>>          AuthDBDUserPWQuery "SELECT password FROM users WHERE
>> username=%s" AuthName         "Super Duper Games"
>>
>>          <limit PUT POST DELETE>
>>                  Require         valid-user
>>          </limit>
>>    </Directory>
>> </VirtualHost>
>
> Does it make any difference if you put the DBD* directives inside the
> <VirtualHost> container?

Now that's just embarrassing.  Everything I read said they can't go in
the VHost container, so I didn't even think of trying.  I apologize for
wasting your time.  At least now I'm getting:
"Error looking up Aaron in database"

New error messages mean progress =)  Thanks again.

--
Aaron Dalton       |   Super Duper Games
aaron@daltons.ca   |   http://superdupergames.org