httpd-users mailing list archives

From Senén de Diego <se...@electrodh.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Redirect, Rewrite and php.ini
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 14:00:00 GMT
This rule doesn't work
RewriteRule ^sincronizar\.jnlp$ sincronizar.php
but this one does work
RewriteRule ^sincronizar\.html$ sincronizar.php

I've also noticed that if I put a fake .htacces file, with something
like "Waboo", there are cases where I get an 500 error, but cases where
I don't. For instance if
/.htaccess is the wrong file, I get an error when I request:
http://www.electrodh.com/index.html
but I don't get any if i request:
http://www.electrodh.com/robots.txt
(which, by the way, should be hidden).

That means that the .htaccess is not always used. And according to both
examples it isn't used when I request a .jnpl or a .txt file. Could it be?

Vincent Bray escribió:
> On 02/07/07, Senén de Diego <senen@electrodh.com> wrote:
>> The real url I'm trying to redirect is
>> http://www.electrodh.com/herramientas/sincronizar1.jnlp
>> and I want to redirect it to
>> http://www.electrodh.com/herramientas/sincronizar.php
>>
>> The content of the herramientas/.htaccess file is:
>> RewriteEngine On
>> RewriteBase /herramientas
>> RewriteRule ^sincronizar1\.jnlp$ sincronizar.php
>>
>> The response to the requests is Page not found.
>
> Is there a reason for your use of RewriteBase? Try either removing
> that altogether, or adding a slash to the end so it becomes
> RewriteBase /herramientas/
> Otherwise, drop the initial anchor (the ^) from the rule, like
> RewriteRule sincronizar1\.jnlp$ sincronizar.php

HTH