httpd-users mailing list archives

From Senén de Diego <se...@electrodh.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Redirect, Rewrite and php.ini
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 13:08:24 GMT
Hello,

I've already posted this question, but having had no answers, I'm trying again with a more
suited Subject.

I'm trying to redirect requests from "/foo/bar.jnlp" to "/foo/bar.php".

I've tried this .htaccess file:

[
Redirect permanent /foo/bar.jnlp http://www.domain.com/foo/bar.php
]

I've also tried this one:

[
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /foo
RewriteRule ^bar\.jnlp$ bar.php
]

Both files work in our local server, but not in our hosting provider's one.
I've asked them if they have mod_alias and rewrite enabled, and their last answer has been:

"As previously stated, the module AllowOverride is enabled at this time
on our shared hosting plans and is accessible through php.ini.
Mod_rewrite is also functioning correctly on your hosting plan. Our
Advanced Hosting Support team has reviewed your issue and found no
errors with the configuration of our hosting servers. We are unable to
assist you with your custom scripting issues at this time..."

As I don't know what has php.ini to do with this issue, I would like to
know, from someone with more knowledge than I have, if this answer makes
sense and if there is anything I could enable through php.ini to make this work.

Thank you,
Senen