httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jaqui Greenlees <jaqui_greenl...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache problem.
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 12:17:37 GMT

--- Tarek Itani <tarek.3itani@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I have a problem installing and running apache on my
> mac.
> first i had several problems but finished them all
> while installing
> the apache.
> now when running the apache am getting the following
> error:
>
> dyld: NSLinkModule() error
> dyld: Symbol not found: _ap_popenf_ex
>    Referenced from:
> /usr/libexec/httpd/mod_log_forensic.so
>    Expected in: flat namespace
>
> /usr/sbin/apachectl: line 175:   108 Trace/BPT trap
>         $HTTPD
> /usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be
> started..
>
> can anybody help please
>
> Thanks in advance
> Tarek

the output of apachectl -t can point out where any
configuration errors are.
it looks like mod_forensic isn't installed right,
since it is referencing something it can't find.
I would check for where it is installed and make sure
it's in the location specified in the loadmodules
section of httpd.conf
if both locations are correct, then mod_forensics is
not configured correctly or it failed in the install.

      Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with
the All-new Yahoo! Mail at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca