httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Abhinav Bhagwat" <abhinavbhag...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Getting 5000 concurrent connections and 400 requests per second with Apache
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 17:23:00 GMT
Hi All,

I want to connect 5000 clients simultaneously to apache. I have increased
the ulimit and /etc/security/limits.conf limits. I have also modified the
httpd.conf to serve MaxClients upto 10000 and increase the Timeout to 1500.
The keepAlive is set to On as i need to send multiple requests on each
connection. I keep getting socket-timeout and connection resets at the
client side. I am use httperf at the client side to simulate 5000
connections at the rate of 400 requests per second. I can easily get IIS do
this without any configuration changes to it.

Any Suggestions ?

Regards,
Abhinav